Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A "final" prayer

Disclaimer: This is not me and is not my mentality. I do totally believe in prayer and find that it doesn't hurt to give a shout out to the Lord before tests. But obviously you, yourself should have put in the work and effort of studying. Anywho, just something my friend sent to me today. Back to my paper I go!

The prayer said before finals:

Now I Lay Me
Down to Study,
I Pray the Lord I
Won't Go Nutty.
If I Should Fail to
Learn this Junk,
I Pray the Lord
I Will Not Flunk.

But If I Do,
Don't Pity Me at All,
Just Lay My Bones
In the Study Hall.
Tell My Prof
I Did My Best,
Then Pile My
Books upon My Chest

Now I Lay Me
Down to Rest,
And Pray I'll Pass
Tomorrow's Test.
If I Should Die Before I Wake,
That's One less Test I'll Have to Take.

1 comment:

sunny said...

Are you mocking the way I pray? My Sunday School teacher made me say a prayer and I made everything rhyme and so from that day on she never asked me again.