Friday, October 12, 2007

waiting game is broke!

This is exciting news, finally!
From James Lin: The neurologist said Jason's MRI showed minimal brain damage. He seemed optimistic. Once Jason is taken off the ventilator, he will have a better idea. Also, the cardiologists think the cardiac arrest may have been due to Brugada syndrome, a sodium ion channel problem. This syndrome has been associated with many cardiac deaths in young males especially in Thailand and Laos.

When I visited him yesterday, I was impressed by all his doctors and especially his nurse. She was very compassionate and attentive to Jason and his parents. Jason is in good hands.

haha...I'm about to call the hospital to see if anything else has changed!
I was too impressed with the CCU staff when I was there. The nurses were doing a great job with Jason and his family. I was especially excited with how they rotated him in the bed and put pillows on the sides. He's too tall for the bed =( He even had a cushion hand guard on for when it would press against the railings and probably other reasons too. haha...the OT in me was jumping for joy to see all that happening or else I probably would have done some bed positioning myself!

1 comment:

albeef said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Annie. Hmm, read a little about the Brugada syndrome. But.. hmm, I feel like I have so many questions to ask, but I'm not sure if I'd understand the answers too well either.