Monday, October 08, 2007

Jason and Miami

I flew into Miami Sunday morning and took a cab straight to the hospital. Jason is at Jackson Memorial Hospital, which thankfully is about only about 8 or so miles away from the airport. He was still sedated when I got there. They had ran a CT scan on him earlier that morning. All day I didn't hear anything about it, and when I asked the nurses, they didn't know anything either. I am hoping that is a good sign! His parent and I spoke to each other, well as best as we could considering the language barrier. Thank goodness our other friend Jason was there to translate and talk to them. He is going to be sedated all day and probably until they run an EEG on him. The nurses said that may not happen until today or tomorrow. It's good he's sedated and getting O2 into him. Also so that his brain and body can rest.

The nurses said that he hasn't gotten any worse or better so that's better than getting worse! But so hard at the same time for all of us to be ok with that. It is really hard seeing him like this. I just want my friend back. I had to try really hard to keep tears from shedding, especially in front of his parents. I'll keep y'all posted as best as I can.

3 comments:

albeef said...

I pray he gets better soon. I've got that aching to go visit, but it just isn't easy. I can only wait for good news to arrive. We all miss him a lot!

Unknown said...

can u please give me the number to the hospital or his room number? Jason and i spoke every day and I think he would love to hear from his friends back in dallas. thanks for keeping us posted on his condition.

annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.