Friday, October 05, 2007

Jason Update

Earlier today (10/04), a friend of Jason's said that there was no cardiologist on the island (which I thought was strange not to have one, cardiac problems are common) and that is probably why they are keeping him under. They were also going to wake him up again and test to see how responsive he is.

This is what I have from his roommate tonight (10/04):
GOOD NEWS...HE SCORED A 12 ON THE GCS...finally aspirated, will be sedated again to push as much oxygen to his brain...will try to wake him up again tomorrow and hopefully he will improve even more!!! (GCS is probably the Glasgow Coma Scale)

I really hope he does! I can only pray that he is getting better and getting the proper care that he needs over there. As Jenny reminded me tonight to not stress and worry especially since there is really nothing I can do from over here. and to take my own advice that I have given Jason over the last year! All I can do is trust God and keep praying. The power of prayer is pretty amazing =)

If he gets moved to Miami or anywhere in the States, I will probably head there too.
Good night!

1 comment:

sunny said...

How ironic that just the other day you said you were cpr certified. Hrmm I usually score a 12 on the GCS on a good day so sounds like he's getting better. Yeah good thing I wasn't his medic.