Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Orientation Day 2

Today was sooo much better than yesterday. This morning we met as all the Allied Health Students and then we split up into our respective fields. It was the first time all the OTs got together and forever we will be together for the next 2 years! I think there are about 30-33 people in my class. So far, we've the largest Masters acceptance class. UTMB just changed their program to a MS degree a couple years ago. The first Masters graduating class just happen this summer!

So we broke off and met our faculty for the next year, the four professors that we will have for the next year. They seem pretty nice, however, there is one that is pretty intimidating. Her students call her The Vixen, and she knows it, and she says she likes it AND she really does live up to that name. oh GREAT! She's going to be teaching Philosophy History Ways of Knowing 1st semester...sounds so..... so they talked and we listened. I found out that they already registered for us this semester so we don't really have to worry about it. My question is why do we have to register ourselves the rest of the time when we have our classes set already? Can they not just do it for us because it's not as if we had a choice in what to take or who to take it with! This is what this semester will look like:

This is your schedule information for Fall 2006.
Course ID Course Title Credit Hours Begin Date End Date Campus Days / Time / Building / Room
OCCT 5200 001
Occupational Influences 2.0 08-28-06 12-08-06 University of Texas Medical Branch
Thu 01:00 PM-03:00 PM BTBA RTBA

OCCT 5201 001
Phil Hist Ways of Knowing 2.0 08-28-06 12-08-06 University of Texas Medical Branch
Tue 01:00 PM-03:00 PM SASN 1.304

OCCT 5202 001
Environmental Influences 2.0 08-28-06 12-08-06 University of Texas Medical Branch
Tue 10:00 AM-12:00 PM SASN 1.102

OCCT 5300 001
Anatomical Influences 3.0 08-28-06 12-08-06 University of Texas Medical Branch
Thu 10:00 AM-12:00 PM SASN 1.304
Fri 09:00 AM-12:00 PM SASN 2.246


WOW! No classes Monday and Wednesday, and Friday I am done at noon. This is the least number of days and hours I have ever had, even during my undergrad! but I am also scared that this means, more outside work. I know we have projects and I hear crazy reading assignments. We'll see how it goes. If it's ok, then I'm going to pick up a part time job. I figured out my most my finances for the semester and I can use the extra money. But as the semesters continue, more classes and hours are added.

oh yeah, we took our ID pics today. The girls I was with kept making me laugh so we'll see how it turns out! It's our pic that will follow us for the rest of our days here. I think we also have to wear our ID badge everywhere we go. It accesses everything around here. More later!

2 comments:

adameepoo said...

cool. see you on the weekends!

adameepoo said...

^ nub