Saturday, May 20, 2006

When it rains, it POURS

The past two days has not been good for my car and me. I don't know what's going on but my car is having bad days. Thursday, My-An called me to watch Kaitlin and Kris while she was at an appt. Well on my way there, sitting at a red light, I hear a BOOM then another BOOM! and my car and I jolt. Oh geez, some woman in a truck hit the truck in front of her which hit my car. So I put my car in park and get out and this old man goes, I am sorry but she hit me and I tried to stop but couldn't. Well it wasn't really his fault, maybe a tad his fault, if he was too close to my car because I know him and I were at at complete stop. The woman comes out and says sorry I was looking for something in my car...I was like...uh great. So I tell the guy we needed to move off to the side because we were in the middle of the traffic. So the 3 of us move into the parking lot next to us. We get out and exchange information. I ask the old man if he was ok because he was breathing really really hard. He's like I don't know. He tells me he is a kidney transplant patient and has other medical conditions. I pull his truck bed door down so he can sit down, and I check his pulse. It was racing pretty fast. He asks if I can call 911, and of course I did, plus I needed to get the cops out here anyways since there were 3 of us involved. So I am calling 911 and the woman that hit us asks us if we copied the insurance information down yet, and I tell her no because I am calling 911. Then she proceeds to tell me that she had to go because she had to go to the dry cleaners. I was like...uh...you just hit us. This man doesn't look good. Not cool to just take off. I tell her that I called for an ambulance and the cops, so she can't leave. Then she tells us that she is a nurse. A nurse! and not once did she ask if either one of us were ok. I mean I looked fine but at least as the old man if he was ok. So I told her what he told me, and she says she once worked as a transplant nurse. I don't know if I would have wanted her as a nurse. She didn't show much concern for the guy. I was just praying that he wouldn't pass out right there. Anyway, the ambulance, cops, and tow truck comes. The old man asks me to call his son, so I did. He gets checked out and goes to the hospital. The cops takes our statement, checks our license and insurance. We get each others' info, and all this takes like over an hour! What a waste of time and being out in the sun at noon sucks! So I finally get to My-An's and well Kevin had to stop working and watch the kids. I was there for 5 minutes and My-An came home. haha...my car is fine. It just has two big holes and paint scraped off from the man's license plate. It's pretty big though. Other than that, nothing really damaged. Funny thing is last week, I just had my car estimated for hail damage.

So today, Friday, I was driving to West Oaks Mall to return some stuff and to meet up a friend. I was on the phone as I went under I-10 on Hwy6 when I hear my car tire run over something, making a popping noise. So I say, I think I just popped or something hitting my tires. It didn't feel right, but my car wasn't driving funny or anything. Either way, I pull over to a gas station and check my tires. I didn't see anything and figured everything was ok. I get to the mall, returned my stuff, look at the tires again, and went to Tapioca House. Truman and I were at Tap House for a pretty long while catching up and talking. As we were about to leave, I look out the window at my car and GREAT! My back right tire is flat! I knew it, I knew it!!! Haha...I couldn't believe it, I just laughed. I know how to change a tire (Dad taught me!) but I can't get the full spare out of the trunk so it really does me no good. Good thing Tru was there, even with his broken collarbone, he did pretty much everything. I felt soo bad that he had to help me and stuff, but I am so thankful that he was there and that we had a lot to catch up on so that my tire had time to deflate. and it was hot in the sun! haha...now my friends, you know what happens when you're around me! I think something has always happened when you're hanging around with me. Thank you again Tru!

**I blame this flat tire on Andrew because he had just told me earlier that he had a flat tire and had to change it this morning. haha...he didn't even go to work the day before because of his stomach**

No comments: