Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Monday in SoCal

Sunny, cloudless + totally hot day in socal= a beach day= annie getting her 2nd sunburned!
At least this time I don't have any hand/finger prints that will last 2 years. Geez that 1st one was bad! Today Chi Bao and I went to Crystal Cove near Newport beach to have brunch by the water and spend some time at the beach. It was really nice weather to be out there. We went to this restaurant called the Honeycomber that overlooks the beach. It has amazingly delicious food! I had an egg fritata with spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms in it, and Chi Bao had one of the best tasting pancakes I've had. It was coconut macadamia pancakes with coconut syrup! Man that was soo good! After we were done, we went back down to the beach and sat around talking. I didn't think we intended to sit out there for that long but we did. Because we didn't intend on being out for long, I didn't apply any sunblock on and got toasted. If you know me, you'd know that I'm not a fan of the sun (which sucks bc I like being outside) and when I'm out, I lather up with sunblock. Really it's because I don't like getting dark, I tan all funky. I get the nasty farmer's tan not the pretty golden tan. But usually I'm not this fair skinned to get burned in a short amount of time. Last time I got burned, it was because I was in the sun playing football & refereeing for 6+ hours with only one application of sunblock (having too much fun and forgot about reapplying). I even put on sunblock to go play tennis at 6 o'clock at night when the sun is barely out sometimes. Yeah I wasn't so smart about this one.

It's ok, it doesn't seem that bad. Some aloe on it made it feel better. The rest of the day was fun too. Chi Bao and I went to go pick up her kids, I got to play with Aiden and Avery (most adorable), and had dinner with them when Anh Phi got home plus Kevin and Thuy!

They dropped me off at Bim & Andy's. I was back long enough to use the restroom before taking off to go bowling. 1st game I got a 97...boo. Second game we split up into 2 teams to bet for (non-alcoholic) drinks. Me, Bim, and Binh were on one team. They had calculated how many points each of us would get & gave our team a 50 point handicap. Suckas! I bowled a 130 (30 points higher than anticipated. Still waiting to break my record of 168). So we won without the handicap because Andy didn't bowl what they had thought he would bowl tho! Third game we played straight up, Andy picked up his game (I even bowled 3 points more than the last game!), and we lost =( Which meant we had to dance out by the bowling lanes in front of everyone. Sigh, good thing Bim did most of the dancing for Binh and I!

I just reread this, something I don't do often. I make short stories long. haha...
Fun day! Tomorrow's weather is suppose to be cooler, I hope so!

No comments: