Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wanting a New Job

In my away message today, I wrote "who wants to hire me?" This is the response I get...
knawk (6:19:15 PM): i'll hire u!
knawk (6:19:18 PM): u can wash my car!
knawk (6:19:24 PM): i'll give u like...$7.50/hr
knawk (6:19:35 PM): OR
knawk (6:19:42 PM): u can clean our house! $9/hr!
knawk (6:19:44 PM): OR
knawk (6:19:54 PM): u can cook for us! $15/hr!
knawk (6:20:12 PM): OR
knawk (6:20:32 PM): u can be our personal house transporter! free lodging and food!
knawk (6:22:03 PM): in the luxurious confines of 1500 murray lane, an elegant 1920s setting household, set in the beautiful lush hillside of the Austin country

Leave it to kevin. But when I'm in Austin, I'll take up the cooking offer!

But seriously, I really want to get a new job. I have never not liked where I have worked before. I know everyone gets that kind of job every once in awhile, but until now, I have been blessed. I'm the type to work hard at whatever work I need to do and usually I don't say much about bad stuff. I still work my butt off here; but this time, I just don't feel comfortable at my job. I don't feel like I can relate with or talk to the people I work with (there is only 3 of us). I only work with the PT (don't see much of the office admin) and I am the only tech. I don't really talk to the PT because she is usually doing something. Most of the time she is telling me what to do with each patient's plan of care.
It is hard being the only tech because then I end up having to juggle 5 patients around during an hour. To me, the quality and attention of therapy that each patient gets go down when I have to run around. I like the patients I see but only about half I see is there really any communication. The atmosphere makes a big difference in how you feel when you are at work. I also don't have a steady schedule so there is no set amount of hours I work. That doesn't help me when I trying to earn and save money. Grad school costs a lot! There is a lot more, but I don't want to say. and I really shouldn't be complaining. I do have a job, which is better than nothing. Anyway, enough of that. Please tell me to stop if you hear me complaining to you about this! Sorry about my complaining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the people and atmosphere definitely affects how much you enjoy a job...

like right now, the whole building smells like skunk, and that makes me not want to work right now......

dont let it stress you out or bring you down, because in a few month you will start something new and exciting!