Monday, July 07, 2008

Not so smrt

I didn't do a good job picking a case study for one of my classes. I should have gone with the disorders/diseases I already know about (the easy way out). Instead I picked something, spinal tumor, hoping that I learn more about it and how to provide occupational therapy for the client. Well, I think I am in over my head. The subject itself, spinal tumor, is not hard and neither is finding research on it. What's hard is that I don't want to just work on the physical rehab difficulties my client has. That part I can work on, no problem. I want to work on his self efficacy, self concept, self esteem, motivation, and other related ideas. He is a college student and wants to be like any other ordinary 20 year old, but he seems to lack the self-confidence to move out of his bubble. Sigh. My case presentation and paper is due Thursday. I have nothing. No idea of how I want to go about with my next treatment session with him. The thing is, I'll probably be doing this kind of OT later on. Great, now I'm getting discouraged. Haha...I will be an awesome OT one day...I will!

1 comment:

sunny said...

I always pick the disease I already know for my case studies. In fact, I picked diabetes 3 times already. Each time I had a different instructor so they didn't know I did the same time. Funny how you challenge yourself and I don't. This is probably why you do well in school and I don't.