Saturday, February 04, 2006

YAHOOOO =D

My first exciting news in forever!!!

So finally after all the wait, as you all know I don't wait very well at all, I got a call for my first interview for grad school! Yahooo...I wanted to jump up and down as I was on the phone, but then I couldn't write down all the info I needed. The interview is to Texas Tech, not my first choice but at this point I'm not too terribly picky. I don't know anyone out there anymore. Everyone I knew has graduated and left. But who cares bc I'm still freaking ecstatic about it. But right now, I have the dilemma of trying to find a flight out there without staying overnight and so far it looks like I'm staying overnight. Darn those cities out there! The tickets are about $180, and I'm going out to the land of oil...geez!
Now if only UTMB would call me for an interview!

So I start calling friends to let them know because I'm home by myself and need to let it ALL out. So then, I get another call...for a job interview! I have been looking and no one has been hiring or calling me back. The therapist asks if I could come in an hour...sure! I have nothing else to do =) I go in, we talk, and I find out she's a PT graduate from Tech and she knows people in the OT department! SCORE! We talk about that for a little bit and then got shown around the clinic. I think I pretty much got the job since she told me to call back Monday to tell her whether or not I want the job. I think salary is the issue since I asked for a bit more than she can give. We will see come Monday.

That night I went to Osaka for Diana's birthday and to the Lounge. First time I have been out in Houston. It was no 4th/6th street but still a lot of fun! Thanks to Jenny who kept saying lets go, lets go!!! She's fun :p

I guess I better go start out my Saturday. I need to go pick up my contacts. I am also craving DIM SUM!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations annie :)