Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike is coming

I am really thankful for not living in Galveston anymore. Seriously. Hurricane Ike is drowning Galveston, oh Galveston. Rita/Katrina hit the class above me and Ike is hitting the class below. So I would say we were definitely blessed as not to have to deal with a hurricane during my time living on the island.

I have never been caught in a hurricane before. About 6-8 hours of constant rain and wind I hear. My family lives pretty far NW and inland so we're not leaving, but we'll still be getting roughly 74 mph wind! Please continue praying for the gulf and the people. It's only hoped that it won't be as bad as predicted when it hits landfall.

Oh and I just don't understand those who are staying put, especially in Galveston. I'm watching the news, partly because I don't have cable so that's all I can watch, but people are still on the island walking around outside and not leaving! I'm watching the waves lap over the seawall and obviously the surges aren't going to get better. The newscaster got hit by a wave as he was reporting! These people who are staying are crazy. I know the media hypes it up but still. Officials did say they may not be around to help and if you stay where you were made to leave, identify your body somehow of who you are. Nuts.

Gotta go help move stuff into the garage. Don't forget to fill your bathtubs!

4 comments:

adameepoo said...

what does filling bathtubs do?

sunny said...

You can never have enough water.

LanLan said...

eek, stay safe!

Tiffany said...

Girl, you need to update!
Hi annie :).