Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bad Elmo, Bad Sesame Street

I have the best luck in the world...just another story about my life!
The week of Christmas I found a book for Kaitlin (Kevin and My-An's daughter, close friends of mine) about potty training since she's potty training. It's called Potty Time with Elmo, really cute book with pictures that you push that make sounds and Elmo talks. Well, I was out of Houston when I bought it and other things have happened since then (that will be my next entry), and I never got a chance to bring it to her. Good thing though (I guess this can be where my luck is actually good) because Jason sent me this link about the book: http://www.local6.com/news/5784303/detail.html (click on the video link)
After I watched it, I was like no way the book I got said that. WRONG! I should have known that the book I picked up would say that. sigh. Elmo is suppose to say "Uh-oh! Who has to go?" My copy says, "Uh-oh (giggle) who wants to die?" HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. I even had Annette listen to it. She couldn't really make out all of what Elmo was saying, but she specifically said it had the word die in it! WOW! Seriously, what kind of sick person would do this?
The video says there have been several complaints, so they really should do a recall on these books! Back to Wal-Mart I go, and I'm going to tell them they should go through the books and pull the bad ones out or just take them all off the racks! Publication must not have paid attention, but then again, it's a bit hard to go through thousands of books to check for something you don't really know what you're checking for. I'm too tired to keep going. It has been a long day, and I have to wake up early tomorrow morning. Yay for day 2 of the new year! night.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I have the same book! It really does say "who wants to die". I contacted the publishing company and they told me they are aware of the problem and will replace any defective copy. My question is this: why are they still being sold if the company knows about it???

T.Curth
Sylvania, Ohio